Friday, January 28, 2011

Two Songs for a Friday

Tree by the River // Iron & Wine


Rarely do I have a song in my head for an entire week straight. Rarely does a song stick to my inner ears so immensely, so steadfastly, so much so that it plays in my sleep. I woke up each morning this week and sat with my guitar and hammered it out. The rest of I&W's new album, Kiss Each Other Clean is a little sax heavy for me, a little too synthesized, but this and a precious few others are keepers. Looking forward to seeing Sammy B and the rest of the gang at Radio City tomorrow night!

World Sick // Broken Social Scene


On a bit of a more up-beat note, this song has some sentimental value to me and it also just downright kicks ass. When discussing it's lyrics with a few fellow music-lovers, and lovers in general, I gathered that this song can probably be interpreted in a number of different ways. To me, it's about the opposite of homesickness. When you are worldsick, you desire adventure, you miss the world and all of its intricate wonders. Some call it an itch but I don't really like that term... I consider it more of a fix, in that no matter how far you go and no matter how many places you go to, there will always be more.

No comments: